top of page

Energy Certificates

The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) 2007, requires Display Energy Certificates (DEC) to be in place for all public buildings over 1,000m2 by 1 October 2008.

Under this legislation the occupier of the building must:

  • Display a valid DEC in a prominent place clearly visible to the public at all times. 

  • Have in their possession or control a valid Advisory Report.

  • DECs must be renewed each and every year.

  • Advisory Reports must be renewed every seven years.

  • DECs must be issued by a qualified and accredited assessor.

  • DECs must be lodged with the appropriate government register.

  • All the data utilised must have an accurate auditable trail.


Joule Consultants have CIBSE Accredited engineers capable of supporting your organisation to meet your DEC obligations.

bottom of page